MySQL database restore
In Microsoft Windows and GNU/Linux, the restore of a MySQL database is carried out with the following steps:
- Install the Backup Agent on the MySQL Server (if needed).
- Restore the saved files on the MySQL server with the Backup Agent (ie: db_name.sql)
- In case of a restore of a DB which is not present, create a new one:
• Connect to the MySQL Server
• Create the DB to restore
>mysql> CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS db_name
- Restore the backup file
Note: in the last command, the complete path of the file “db_name.sql”, restored by the Backup Agent, may be requested.
- Repeat the procedure for each database to restore.