The backup is carried out with the following steps:
- The client connects to the backup server
- The list of the files to protect is downloaded
- A connection with the SQL server is established
- The required commands for data spooling in the temporary directory are executed
- The list of the files to backup, which is present on the server, is matched with the list already downloaded from the backup server, in order to identify the data to send to the backup server.
- If needed, Delta files of the directories modified are created.
- Data is encrypted, compressed and sent to the server.
- Data created with the spooling process is removed from the temporary directory
- Backup is done!